From my past relationships, I’ve learnt a couple of things:
1. There’s no point making promises about the future when you’re not even sure if you can even keep them.
2. Don’t buy anything that would label you as a couple (e.g. rings, shirts, bracelets) until you’re engaged.
3. No point making plans about the future or even thinking about it until you’re self-sufficient and 99% sure that the person is right for you.
4. Be ready to be hurt but don’t be sceptical about it.
5. Don’t try to change a person but that doesn’t mean you should accept EVERYTHING about him/her.
6. Don’t stay together with someone who has cheated on you. That is inexcusable. You deserve better than that.
7. Be together with someone who loves you more than you love him/her.